Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Holy Strange Dreams Batman

 So... I'm wondering if the fact that I am having crazy - *and i mean crazy* - dreams every night is related to my antimalarial drugs.  Doxycycline isn't supposed to have this as a common side-effect, buy who knows.  I very rarely remember my dreams at all, and I've been having vivid dreams that I remember each night.


A small sample as of late of the crazy things going on in my brain at night:

1)  Stopped someone who had killed their 14 siblings, but got stabbed three times in the leg as a result.  After going to my grandparent's house they convinced me to go to the hospital, and conveniently there was a hospital just through the garage at the house on Inwood Dr.  This became infected, caused my brain to grow outside of my scull until I was only a giant brain with tentacles as legs to move around.  The infection had its own consciousness, and was attempting to destroy the world.  I was a person on the beach (the site of the world-conquering efforts of the brain-infection-consciousness) as well as a consciousness in the brain trying to stop the infection-consciousness from destroying the world.
 

Albert the Frog
2) We were all performing in a staged production of some disney-esque play but no one knew any of the words and we we just making it up as we go along.  It involved flying purple birds - they were centrally important - and somehow we were friends with Paris Hilton who was a kind sweet caring person (definitely a dream).  Albert was a great friend, also in the play.  Albert was a frog, a green and brown frog.  Somehow, during the performance and after we were all fumbling for lines, Albert fell deep underground.  We stopped the play to mount a very dangerous rescue mission to save him.  He was so scared and lost that he was trying to hide as opposed to being rescued.  The stage was sinking and we were close to getting Albert but it involved being wedged between an electrical panel and running water, which was starting to shock us.  At the same time the front of the stage (which was made of a car) stage that was slipping into the mud abyss had trapped a lady.  All of the other frogs were mounting an operation while we tried to save Albert.

Um...  So definitely staying on the antimalarials while I'm in Mombasa and for the necessary time when I get back, but I might need to consider something else if this continues.  Eternally curious at what the night will bring when I go to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment